Janet T. Doherty is a Financial Advisor with Advisor Group, Royal Alliance Associates. She offers 19 years of experience in the financial services industry. With experience ranging from professional money management, asset protections, tax minimization and estate planning; her financial consulting services are for individuals and small to mid-size business owners.
Janet extends her services and experience to the Bar Association Chapters located in Richmond County and New York City. Janet also participates with the National Association of CPA's Continuing Education course work and State Adult Education programs along with teaching finance courses at the College of Staten Island. Janet participates in four of the CUNY Universities Continuing and Adult Education programs.
Janet is in the process of obtaining her Certified Financial Planners license through course work at New York University. She is an active member with the New York City Chapter of Women in Asset Management and the New York Women's Bond Club.
As a native Staten Islander, Janet began her career in the finance industry in 1988 with Prudential Securities, where she was investing money for Pension accounts and large institutions. After five years, she then began her portfolio management program with Senior Portfolio Manager's at Smith Barney. Within three years of building her client's base, she felt that a move to a larger full service brokerage firm would better serve her clients. Janet relocated her practice back to Staten Island in 2001 and in March 2004 opened her own investment office in New Dorp, Staten Island, NY.
- Continuing Education NJ State CPA’s Bergenfield, NJ IMMA Bergenfield, NJ
- Richmond County Women’s Bar Association, Staten Island, NY 1999, 2001, 2003
- Coalition Conference at the College of Staten Island, 1998-2002
- Brooklyn Tech - Continuing Education Program, Brooklyn, NY 2003-2005
- Queens Borough Community College, Continuing Education, Queens, NY 1997-2005
- Montclair State University, Montclair Adult School Program, Montclair, NJ, 1998-2005
- College of Staten Island Adult Options Education Programs, SINY 2003-present
- College of Staten Island Continuing Education Programs, Staten Island, NY 1997-2012
- Wayne Adult School Wayne, NJ 1998-present
Securities and advisory services offered through Royal Alliance Associates, Inc., member FINRA/SIPC and a registered investment advisor. Additional advisory and insurance services offered through New Century Financial Group, LLC a registered investment advisor.